WHY CHOOSE BECTYL PASTE?
- Restores electrolyte balance – Loss of large amounts of electrolytes can lead to dehydration, fatigue and subsequent poor performance. BECTYL helps restore this balance.
- Scientifically balanced for rehydration and recovery – Estimated sweat losses in performance horses can range from 10 L – 60 L per day. BECTYL helps to encourage drinking and provides key nutrients to restore fluid balance and aid in recovery.
- Functional ingredients – BECTYL contains B-group vitamins to assist efficient utilisation of energy; citrate to help buffer against acid and vitamin E to mop up dangerous free radicals produced during exercise to prevent muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Convenient and palatable – BECTYL’s apple-flavoured paste is conveniently packaged in a syringe, making it easy to take to shows/events or administer after racing.
Each 60 mL syringe contains:
- Chloride 18.6 g
- Potassium 7.2 g
- Sodium 5.6 g
- Magnesium 5.8 g
- Calcium 1.6 g
- Sulphate 0.34 g
- B-group Vitamins
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 100 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 120 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) 360 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium pantothenate) 160 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 7.5 mg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) 28 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 0.81 mg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- In performance horses: Give 30 mL (half a syringe) after competition or after arriving home from the race. If given before a race or competition, please check with relevant authorities.
- Endurance exercise: 30 – 60 mL can be administered directly over the tongue, during a ride or at check points, provided water is available or offered immediately. Give 60 mL on completion of the event and 30 mL on two consecutive mornings after the event.
- Travelling horses: 30 mL – 60 mL over tongue with water provided 30 - 60 minutes prior to travel. Repeat every 3 – 4 hours during travelling and again on arrival as required.
Store below 25˚C (Air conditioning). Protect from freezing
60 mL syringe (2 x 30 mL doses for average horse*) in a display box of 15 units.
* Based on 500 kg horse in moderate work
Download product SDS