WHAT IS CAL-PLUS® WITH BIOTIN?
CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN is a calcium, biotin and vitamin supplement for healthy, strong bones and hooves in horses. Specifically, it is:
- A treatment that promotes the growth and formation of the hoof as well as the integrity of the hoof wall
- A preventative and remedy for brittle, cracked and broken hooves
- Horses on grain-based diets or those fed on sub-tropical grasses and hays.
- Foals, young horses and pregnant mares.
- Horses with hoof problems, such as cracks, brittleness and separation of the white-line.
- Racing, working, pleasure and stud horses to prevent and treat deficiencies of biotin, calcium, vitamin A and D.
WHY CHOOSE CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN?
- Three forms of calcium and important co-factors – For maximum calcium absorption and uptake.
- Optimal calcium:phosphorus ratios
- Combination of calcium and biotin improves hoof quality – By correcting loss of structure on the outside layers of the hoof wall as well as formation of the cells in the inner two layers of the hoof wall.
- Aids in the prevention of bone disorders, shin soreness and joint injuries related to training or inadequate calcium intake or availability.
- Sub-tropical grasses such as pangola, kikuyu, buffalo, green panic, para or setania contain high oxalate levels which bind calcium, making it unavailable for horses. CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN can provide much needed calcium for any horses feeding on sub-tropical grasses.
Each 60g dose contains:
- Calcium 20.1 g
- Phosphorus 2.5 g
- Magnesium 300 µg
- Trace Minerals
- Zinc 96 mg
- Manganese 37 mg
- Iron 66 mg
- Ammonium Chloride 300 µg
- Biotin 15 mg
- Retinol (Vitamin A) 5.4 mg
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 300 µg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN is to be mixed into the horse’s feed. Mix the recommended dosage well into the ration. One level scoopful contains 30 g of CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN. The following recommended dose rates have been calculated to satisfy the calcium requirements based on common diets and activity:
|Type of Horse
(450 – 500 kg)
||60 – 90 g
||90 – 110 g
||70 – 90 g
||60 – 75 g
||60 – 120 g
||60 – 105 g
||60 – 90 g
|Ponies (225 – 250 kg)
||45 – 60 g
||1 scoopful (30 g) per 200 kg body weight
- Horses in fast/hard work, or on high grain/bran diets should receive the higher recommended dosage.
- Horses that sweat heavily should receive the higher recommended dosage.
Store below 25˚C (Air-conditioning) in a dry place. Reseal container after use.
- 1.2 kg Bucket: Provides 20 daily doses for average horse.*
- 5 kg Bucket: Provides 83 daily doses for average horse.*
- 12.5 kg Bucket: Provides 208 daily doses for average horse.*
*Based on 450 – 500 kg horse in moderate work.
Download product SDS